Rules regarding a Mosque
178 - The rules which will be stated are related to the importance of being present at the masjid and perfoming prayer at the mosque.
* It is Mustahab to frequently visit a mosque.
* Going to a mosque which is not visited very much by persons who pray is Mustahab.
* It is Makrooh for a neighbor of the mosque to pray anywhere other than the mosque unless he/she has a justifiable excuse.
* It is Mustahab that one should not sit to eat with a person who does not attened prayer in a mosque and should not seek his advice, should not be his neighbor, and should not enter into matrimonial bond with his/her family.
179 - These acts are haraam in connection to mosques.
* To decorate the mosque with gold (as obligatory precaution).
*. To sell the mosque even if it has has been destroyed.
* To paint the picture of humans and animals.
* To make it Najis and if it becames Najis it should become pak, immediately.
180 - These actions are recomennded at the masjid.
* Arriving sooner than everyone and leaving later than everyone else.
* Turning the lights on at the mosque.
* Cleaning the mosque.
* Entering with the right foot.
* Leaving with the left foot.
* Praying two Rak-ats (Tahiyat) of respect for the masjid.
* Putting on one's best clothes and using good fragrance. (for women perfume can beused under the condition that they are not exposed to Non Maharams).
181 - These things are Makrooh in relation to the mosque.
* Passing through a mosque without praying there.
* Spitting or discharging of nasal mucous in the masjid.
* Shouting or raising one's voice in the mosque except for reciting the Adhan.
* Purchasing and selling in the masjid.
* Speaking about wordly affairs.
* Going to the mosque after eating garlic and onion and bothering people with the bad breath.