Rules Regarding puchasing and selling
398 - It is obligatory to learn the rules of daily transactions in the amount of what is needed.
399 - Sale and Purchase of homes and those things which are usually utilised for haraam acts is haraam.
400 - Sale and purchase, to maintain, write, read or teach books used for seduction are haraam unless that is for right goal, for example, for answering to the related issues and problems.
401 - A transaction of a commodities which is mixed with something else which is not evident, and the seller deos not inform the buyer of this such as selling milk which is mixed with water. (This action is called cheating [Ghish] in transaction).
402 - In transactions those details of the commodity and the things accepted in purchasing and selling which influence the minds of the people in deciding about the transaction, must be clearly described, and it is not necessary to say or not to say the details of commodity which does not influence on the minds of people.
403 - Sale and purchase of two kinds of the same commodity which is sold by weight or measurment at a higher amount than the commodity has, is Usury and it is haraam such as, selling sells 1000 kg of wheat for 1200kg of wheat.
404 - It is Mustahab that the seller should not discriminate between various buyers while charging for the commodities and one should not be severe about the prices, and if the buyer regrets having purchased something, and wishes to return it, the seller should accept it back.
405 - Vowing in transaction, if it is true is Makrooh and, if it is not true is haraam.
To cancel a Transaction
406 - The seller and the buyer can cancel a transaction in the following cases:
* The buyer or the seller has been cheated.
* While entering into transaction, it is agreed that up to a stipulated time, one or both the parties will be entitled to cancel the transaction, for example while selling and purchasing the seller and buyer stipulate that if one of them changes their mind he/she can give back the commodity up until 3 days.
* The seller and the buyer have not left the place of transaction, for example, the commodity was bought from the owner of shop, the buyer can give back it before he/she leaves that place.
* The commodity supplied is defective and the buyer finds out after transaction.
* If the seller presents his commodity as better than it actually is, then it becomes clear, such as the seller says this notebook has 200 pages and, then it becomes clear that the pages are less than he/she stated.
407 - If a person understands that the thing purchased by him/her is defective and immedietely he/she does not cancel a transaction as an obligatory precaution he/she can not cancel the transaction.
- To provide Loans is Mustahab, great stress has been laid in Holy Quran on this and in theTraditions (Ahadith) and a person who provides a loan will have a great reward onThe day of Reserection.
The kinds of Debt
a- If the period is fixed for the repayment of debt while the giving loan, it is specified that the debtor should repay the debt at specified time.
b- If the period is not fixed for the repayment of the debt, it is a debt which is not clarified the time of repaying.
The Rules of Debt
408 - If a period is fixed for the repayment of debt, it is obligatory precaution that the creditor can not claim repayment of the debt before the end of that period.
409 - If a period is not fixed for the repayment of debt, the creditor can claim repayment of the debt at any time.
410 - when the creditor demands her/his debt, and the debtor is in a position to pay it, he/she should pay it immediately, and if he/she delays it payment, he/she commits a sin.
411 - If a person who advances a loan, makes a condition that he/she will take back more than what he/she gives, after a period, for example for one year or a debtor does any work for him/her it is Reba and it is haraam such as, the loaner pays 1000000 Rial and makes acondition that the debtor must take back1200000 Rial after one year.
412 - If a person who advances a Loan, does not make a condition that he/she will take back more that what he/she gives but the debtor takes back more than him/her self, it is no harm and it is Mustahab.